Professional Development for Arabic Teachers
Developing Core Teaching Skills
Assessment in Classroom: Formal and Informal
Fall session: October 1 to November 26, 2018
Do you view assessment as a way to measure your students’ abilities and progress, or is it more about their performance correctness? Do you want to know if grades and results necessarily reflect the level of students’ language outcome, if they reflect the teacher’ s instruction efficiency, or maybe they just reflect the assessment tools’ effectiveness? How do you understand, measure, and react to your students’ performance and progress? Is your assessment standards based? How can you weigh your Arabic classroom output verses your input?
Join our online Arabic winter session to shape your foreign language teaching skills and examine a combination of assessment methods & styles! Watch the modeling of Arabic classes presented in this course from a pre-Kindergarten class to well-known university OPI exams. Experience how effective techniques can be practiced on the GROUND and, ALL IN ARABIC!
When embarking with us on this learning experience, you will learn How To:
– Advance your Formative and Summative assessment tools.
– Use rubrics, written feedback, grades and exams as a healthy & accurate assessment practice.
– Use your technology kit to practice students’ data tracking for the sake of instruction improvement & Efficiency.
– Discover a new Arabic digital program to assess and progress reading comprehension.
– Use different techniques to measure students’ proficiency growth at different levels and in every aspect of the language.
– Read you students’ body language, reactions, mistakes.
– Weigh every student performance: From a thumb up to a planned activity outcome, a quiz or a Final Test.
– Assess to know if you need to Teach, re-Teach, Repeat or Adjust based on students’ reactions to instruction.
– Conduct Diagnostic Assessment.
– Assess your students with Ethics.
This interactive course provides instructors with the latest research, strategies and techniques designed for students of various ages and proficiency levels.
Spend about 120 minutes per week, listening to lectures, watching the best teaching strategies in a real classroom setting, taking quizzes and networking with experts and colleagues in the US and worldwide!
Access the online sessions when it is convenient for you
The online sessions are presented by distinguished experts in the field of Arabic language instruction, namely:
Dr. Mahdi Alosh, Dr. Hanada Taha, Mrs. Lina Kholaki, Mrs. Luluah Mustafa, Mr. Mohamed Ansary, and Mrs. Thouraya Boubetra
The class instructors are:
Oumayma Oumaira: P-Kindergarten class
Mrs. Nacheda Baroud Tizani, Kindergarten class
Mrs. Amal Elhoseiny: 3rd grade class
Mrs. Nacheda Baroud Tizani, 6th grade class
Mrs. Luluah Mustafa: University class
IF you have any questions regarding the online course, please contact the Aldeen online education director: at firstname.lastname@example.org