Professional Development for Arabic Teachers
Building Language Foundations
Developing core language skills – Reading
When are our students ready to read? Do we depend only on Alphabet literacy to read? Why is reading much easier when we understand what we read? What activities can be planned for pre and post reading? Can we equip our beginner students to read independently? Is reading only about decoding? How can we build a strong literacy foundation and a future appreciation for reading in early learners?
Join our fall session from October 5th to November 16th, 2015 and shape your foreign language teaching skills to:
* Reach and teach your students based on their needs and interest
* Teach reading through: context, content, diagrams, hands on activities
* Plan for a better time management using flipped classroom
* Expose Arabic learners to different Arabic calligraphy
* Use technology to create a more interesting learning experience
* Make learning and teaching more exciting and educational
* Bring best practices alive in your classroom
This interactive course provides instructors with the latest research, strategies and techniques designed for students of various ages and proficiency levels.
Spend about 100 minutes per week, listening to lectures, watching the best teaching strategies in a real classroom setting, taking quizzes and networking with experts and colleagues in the US and worldwide!
Access the online sessions when it is convenient for you
All sessions are in Arabic language
The online sessions are presented by distinguished experts in the field of Arabic language instruction, namely: Dr. Mahdi Alosh, Dr. Ghayda Al- Ali, Mrs. Lina Kholaki, Mrs. Luluah Mustafa, and, Mrs. Thouraya Boubetra
The class instructors are: Mrs. Nacheda Baroud Tizani, Mrs. Lamya Najem, and Mrs. Luluah Mustafa
All participants who complete the course will receive an Aldeen certificate of completion.